Medical jobs

Does anyone do medical billing or coding from home ?

Becky197534

Asked by Becky197534 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Not yet I am going to school for it though.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Have you went to school for it?
    babygirl0782

• yes i have looking for some were on line to do it
    Becky197534

Comment by Becky197534 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Be careful. Technology is pushing these jobs out. I wanted to do this and was warned by many of my friends in the medical field not to.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Alright thanks
    Becky197534

Comment by Becky197534 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I am going to Allen School Online and I read that medical billing and coding was recession proof. Sorry it took so long to response had to make breakfast.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients. I learned the system in about 45 minutes.

The truth is, as medical offices switch to EMR (electronic medical records), traditional billing and coding will no longer exist.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Although there may be technology that will help, it can not always edit and audit, that has to be done by hand, and with the boomers aging and needing more medical care than ever, the feild is not going anywhere.

They said this about pharmacy technicians 10 years ago, and the profession has only become more in demand.

I have a feeling that many people will have to start paying cash for medical services and will need professional medical biller coder/sufitors to advocate for them on some ridiculus and outragous charges.

Did you know hospitals sometimes try to charge you for a 50 cent gingerale give it a fancy name and tack on sometimes $40 more?

Yeah billers and coders are the ones who can audit these ridiculus charges.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011