Computer HELP

Something is wrong with my computer....I will start the computer up and the screen will be grey with line going through it so I just keep pushing the on and off button and eventually it will boot up right. I have norton on my computer and i have backed my computer up but everytime I get it to work again and then shut it down when I am done (or just shut the laptop) It messes up again....HELP please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Technology

• Never had that happen. Do you defrag, disk cleanup, clear cookies etc. on a regular basis? That may help, but I don't know if that will help your problem.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• This sounds like something that will take more effort that people are willing to put into an answers post. When I have questions I use the Tom Coyote forums at bleepingcomputer.com. They've always helped me out a great deal. In your first post include the make and model of the computer, your operating system, and any error messages you receive.
    Also...don't just 'push the on and off button' over and over again. Your just asking for a power supply failure or something.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Would need it in front of me to trouble shoot... if it is an HP google the issue, they are known to have errors on THEIR part... like the faulty motherboard on the only laptop... than they expect YOU to pay for their mistake!!!

Laptop my first check would be the battery, for whatever reason it's like a bad shipment is out?!?! Frustrating to be plugged in but an easy fix (be careful saw one that was over $100 to replace)! Could be you are infested, and depending on what it is will be the fix? They have stuff these days that can hit your core files in which case means a whole new computer??? Could be a format or new hard drive? Could be any number of things... check out places like CNEtfor new stuff out there, like latest viruses! Operating systems site should have it too, and Norton has a section by symptoms!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We had a similar problem with our laptop over a period of time and eventually one day the screen went blank. Thank goodness it was still under warranty; I didn’t have anything important on it because the tech people told us that anything that was on there would be gone when we got it back. We shipped it off to the manufacture and it was fixed. I suggest call the manufacture for some help. GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• This sounds like an issue with the screen to me, but I'm not sure. If I were you, I'd go over to Computer Moms- Computer Heaven group here on CM and ask PinkSodaPop. She is a whiz with computers :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011