Your first date – where did you go, what did you do and how long did the relationship last?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I was twelve, and we went to see a showing of the classic flick The Day The Earth Stood Still. His dad drove us to the library where it was playing and picked us up 90 minutes later. I don't know how to evaluate how long the "relationship" lasted, as we were friends both before and after, though we never did anything of that nature ever again, but we continued to climb trees and ride bikes and flick boogers at one another until ninth grade, when I transferred to an all-girls' Catholic boarding school and I rarely saw him again.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I really don't remember my very first date, but my first date with my dh we went to a park and watched the sunset and ate and fed each other strawberries. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The movies, then pizza, both with his whole family because he didn't own a car. (he was old enough, he just didn't own one) We were together a day shy of a year. I dumped him because he was way too intense and clingy. I was only 16, he was my first everything, and he had the rest of our lives all planned out for us. Kinda intense for my 16 year old self. Though what finally did it for me was him accusing me of cheating because I was becoming distant (because of his intensity). Turns out he was the one that cheated. With more than 1 girl, and one of those girls was my little sister. (who's 3 years younger than me, by the way) Sooo glad I got rid of that one.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I was 15 and we went to a movie & dinner, we are still together almost 14 years and 5 kids later!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:15 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My first date was awful...why? My parents tagged along, and the poor boy was so nervous that he threw up on my new skirt.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Oh, the relationship ended that night. He was so afraid of my dad because my dad stared him down all night, it was totally embarrassing. My dad is retired now, but he was in the service, so you guys can imagine his definition of discipline.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• well that is vague... MY first date ever? or my first date with my husband?

my first date ever.... I was in high school we went to the movies (during the day) and that relationship lasted about a month.

my first date with hubs.... first 'unofficial date' (we worked together) we met after work at the hotel bar across the street (very posh) had one drink.  He said 'you are the kind of girl I could spend the rest of my life with..." and we talked about if we should date.  Since we were co-workers it had to be serious or not at all.  first official date we went out to a VERY nice dinner and then went to see a comedian.  That relation ship is going on 20 yrs together almost 18 married.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Like my very first? Tough. My 'first' was most likely the Huddle House when I was 16. That jerk never took me ANYWHERE but the HH, cause that's where all our friends hung out. I was with him 4 months...and I think he still owes my some money...LOL.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• we went to the movies and then to eat afterwards. i was 15 at the time and he was 17. we are still together now. since then, we have gotten married and had 2 kids. im 22 and he is 24.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011