What advice would you give your 13 year old self?

Your 16 year old self?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• That being a teenager sucks--your life will get better, just wait it out. Also--things don't always turn out like you expect, but it things will be just fine.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• That you are too young to have sex and who cares if that means you wont be popular like the other girls!
    Sweetmami07

Answer by Sweetmami07 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• hmm, to my 13 year old self: Don't fall for the first jerk that makes your heart flutter. (which happened 2 years later....)
    to my 16 year old self: Just cause you had sex with the first jerk that made your heart flutter, doesn't mean you have to have sex with any guy that makes your heart flutter to get them to like you. Cause chances are, if sex is their only reason to like you, then they're jerks too.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• focus on school and developing your talents.....there is plenty of time for boys later.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• That pain should not be the only memory you have of childhood.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Both would be to slow down and not be in such a rush to grow up.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• 13-year-old self: Ignore your mother's "dieting advice" and do some independent research on healthy eating and exercise options.

16-year-old self: Keep on being who you are and doing what you love to do instead of trying to please people who are urging you to be someone and something different.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Mine would be, be a kid while you can, and just enjoy your life! I became a mommy at 17 so I had to grow up fast! but she was worth it, my girls are my sunshine when it rains!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Honestly*~... I would be a different person if I did, but if I could go back, I would explain how important it was to get an education and career FIRST! Focus on getting ahead before "living" to give myself a better start in life
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• 13 - Think more of yourself, you are loved, and tell your parents how you feel.

16 - same stuff plus don't let him tell you there is only one way to really show him you love him.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2011