Skin peeling on finger tips?

Hi my daughter had strep threp throat and is still on meds for it. She also has excema. She has had that since she was a year old. I noticed the other day the skin on her thumb is peeling off. It kinda looks like a blister that popped. But there was not blister there. Now when she got out of the shower four more finger tips did teh same thing. What is it and what do I do for it?

Jessica8693

Asked by Jessica8693 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughter deals with this on her hands and feet (she also suffered from eczema for 10 years before we were finally able to rid her of that). Her DAN doc thought the peeling was due to not enough beta-carotine so we supplemented with that for a while but noticed no change. We haven't been able to come up with a solution yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• my daughter has the same thing and doctor told her to use eucerin lotion and can find right in the store and it does work wonders for her.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I agree with the Eucerin and make sure she is drinking enough water
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Sounds like her excema have you called the pharmacist and asked if that can be a side affect? if no one knows how to help it post on webmd.. hope she fets better.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 1:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011