Scared

My 4 1/2 year old tells me he's scared of everything. Is this normal?

Mommyto2LilMen

Asked by Mommyto2LilMen at 9:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Somewhat, inquire as to the things he is afraid of one on one and see what feed back you get, then take i from there.

Answer by older at 9:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yes.but don't force her to do things...like I get so upset when parents throw or force their children into the swimming pool. they are adding new fear. You have to lead by example and ease her into the things that scare her and show her how neat life is..talk to her Be patient when she is ready she will check it out.. Also think about what you are telling her about life. Are you making her afraid of the world or are you opening her mind and raising her to enjoy learning and experience new things.?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Honestly, I would be a little concerned. Sounds like he may have some anxiety if he is afraid of everything. I'd bring it up with his doctor.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think that is extreme but what iseverything...is it literally everything?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It is a little worrisome what are some of the things he is afraid of? talk to him about it and try & get to the root of the fear

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Saying you are afraid and acting afraid is different. Does she act scared when she is doing things? It might just be for attention. I think kids that age hear adults say they are scared and then kids say they are scared too. My kids are now scared of spiders due to my husand's fear.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011