Can you take hydrocodone while pregnant?

I just found out I am preganant and I have been taking hydrocodone for a while for back pain, I haven't seen a dr. regarding pregnancy yet. Should I stopped taking the meds?

amyriley

Asked by amyriley at 9:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• I don't think it will hurt,but if you are that worried make a doc. Appt. And in the meantime, go to your pharmacy and ask pharmacists. They would know.
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 9:53 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You can. The hydrocodone molecule is rather large, and has a difficult time crossing the placenta. But use your brain - don't abuse it, take as directed or less.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I was given them while passing a kidney stone during my second pregnancy. I only took them when the pain was very unbearable.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I had kidney stones to like tiddliwinks and they gave them to me also (during my 5th ) but I questioned my ob on it so he gave me some info on it , lol but yes it is ok but take as directed.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yes it's fine, i was on it for months while pregnant
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes its ok. Have a great OB who taught at Loma Linda and he prescribed it for a difficult and painful pregnancy.
    pagwife55

Answer by pagwife55 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011