Did i get a taste of reality!

My ex left me for another woman. Her ex found me on facebook, we became friends, i met him once. We would keep in touch every so often. Two years into this, i started getting feelings for him. His personality and sense of humor were great. So i send him chocolate covered strawberries for Valentines Day and something for his Birthday. I sent them both secret crush. But the florist put my number on the card, so he knew it was from me. All he said was Thanks Kim. Never suggested going out or anything. I feel like such and idoit, ugly loser. My self esteem just got back, to have this happen. He really made me feel like he was disappointed it was me who sent them. How do i get over this one? I feel like a loser.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• your not a looser but my advice is to not mess with the ex girlfriends ex....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Don't feel like a looser, if you didn't make the first move, you would have never known if he was interested or not, don't give up just yet.

Answer by older at 10:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Wow, I'm truly sorry this happened, but wouldn't it be worse if he'd led you on?

You aren't a loser, if anything you're very brave to put yourself out there.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Oh my gosh.....what a jerk!!! What a sweet thing you did!!! If he was a nice guy he would have at least talked to you a little bit more about it and possibly about your feelings..nicely told you he was not interested that way.... There is a better guy out there for you and obviously he is not good enough for you. If he wants you..he should have to work for you now. Next time let the guys give the gifts to you. They are the ones who need to prove they are worthy of you. Don't let it bug you..you did a nice thing...not an ugly idiotic thing. Nice..he's the idiot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Your not a loser so don't be so hard on yourself, In my book your very brave for making the 1st move, just shake it off and move on!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• dont be so hard on yourself you put yourself out there and okay it sucks it didnt work out but you cant give up hope u have to take it for what it is and move on and soon youll find someone who is worthy of you!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You not a looser you took the first step to getting a life again and that is great. Now you know how he really feels and wants to keep it as friends so keep your head up and move on you will find Mr Right....Good luck
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Youre not a loser. Getting back into the game of dating is sometimes hard. You need to look outside your comfort zone for someone new. This guy in some ways represents your past life because he has ties to your ex and his ex wife. That is probably why he doesnt want to get involved. Too much drama there for the both of you. You need fresh blood so to speak. We all get rejected and its a part of life. It just means he isnt the right guy for you and that the right guy is still out there.

Answer by gemgem at 10:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Don't count yourself out yet! You may have caught him completely off guard so he didn't know what to do. Or he may have thought you were just being nice and the reason he acted that way is because HE was embarrassed that you felt sorry for him. He's a guy!! There's a good chance it hasn't dawned on him that you did it because you're interested.

Way to many variables in this situation to start thinking that way just yet. Until you come directly at the situation, and get a direct answer, you'll never know what's going on. This is where men and women have a lot of trouble communicating. Women love being subtle and coy. Guys don't do subtle. They don't get it, they don't understand it.

It's not easy to just lay everything on the line. It sucks if it doesn't go the way you want...but if it does ~ Woohoo!! And it's really the only way to ever know what a guy's thinking.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2011