Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

Realtor wont return keys...

Our contract with our realtor was up end of January. She has yet to remove her sign or return our keys. We talked to a broker in her agency, who in turn has talked to her, yet still nothing has be done. What is our recouse in this situation?


Asked by almightycookie at 10:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 13 (1,088 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • Go to the office, ask to see the broker, and give him 24 hours to get the keys for you, otherwise you will go to the state board of realtors and file a formal complaint. Hopefully there will be other people in the office, speak loudly. He is held responsible for everything the realtor does. Remove the sign, tell them you will return it when you receive the keys. Make them bring the keys to you, and then give the sign back.

    Answer by SweetLuci at 12:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • I'd pull the sign down and drive over to the office. Demand my key back and then give her the sign. I've worked for realtors and they pay for those signs. Once she knows it's down she'll want it back! Don't give it to her until you have your key in your hand.

    Answer by Jessica45 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Go get it yourself.

    Answer by older at 10:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Older is right. Just go gt them and hand her the sign.

    Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Id hold the sign hostage for sure! They pay for them- shes going to want it back. Id call & leave a message giving her 1 week to bring the key or your tossing the sign and reporting her!

    Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • I agree, go it yourself, and remove her sign to the trash.


    Answer by Christine0813 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Agree with the above. You can make this problem go away.

    Answer by elizabr at 10:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Good advice so far...if that doesn't work, contact a lawyer or change the locks on your house.

    Answer by Nonoluna at 10:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • time for court....period. You've done all you could do, and you might want to call the police non emergency, and ask to speak with an officer, you never know he/she may go over and ask for the keys.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Change the locks would be a great idea too.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

Next question in Money & Work
Work at home