Men and life!

Well another day to get through, i'm trying to work with my Husband and forgive him for cheating or attemping to cheat. It's been 3 weeks now and we still have ups and downs. Seem to argue about little things though but hopefully we will make it he wants to and so do I but I will probably never TRUST him again completely.

We are going away in March for 2 days to re kendle our love and hopefully this will work we flying to Vegas his favorate place. Has it been hard on any of you ladies trying to forgive and move on. Do you look at him with doubt? i'm still there. It's funny though even after he tried to cheat on me, my son which is his step son loves him and wants it to work.... hummm

dusty1962

Asked by dusty1962 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• i say good for you for wanting to forgive him but its only been 3 weeks it might take you a lot longer to completely forgive him and / or trust him again.. but i say A for effort and keep trying.. i hope it works out for you! good luck!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Tough situation, I feel for you. Hope the trip to Vegas works for both of you, but it will never let you excape how hurt you are inside. Trust will probably be an issue for you for a long time.....it will consume you for .....ever. It will take a lot of work on both parts for you to ever trust him again. With a lot of talking, and respect for each others feelings, you can make it through this....eventually.
    suijuris

Answer by suijuris at 10:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Hmm*~... Is Vegas "your" favorite place? Just strikes me as odd that he messes up and it is like he's being rewarded? I hope you are both at least seeking professional help to fix things and not just sweeping it under the rug... we teach others how to treat us and it would be sending the message loud and clear that you agree with him that you are worth exactly what he did to you.

Not trying bring down the "high" points of the cycle, just hope you are aware that it is a cycle, it is crushing when they do it, than the high of making up, the lull, than the crush/high/lull all over again when the next incident happens? Please be careful, and there is no shame in getting help, if it were fixable alone it never would have happened…
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Thanks ladies and I agree I know myself and I won't ever forget and never trust him 100% again I will always be looking over my shoulder and wondering if he is looking or talking to another women and beleive it or not I am prepared to move on if he does. I will always have my guard up
    dusty1962

Comment by dusty1962 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Took us about 10 years to get back to a great place. Give it time, get therapy if you feel you need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I tried with my ex to forgive but we were never able to get back to a good place. Once I found out he was cheating on me I could never trust him. He couldnt get over how I couldnt trust him and we fought all the time after that. In the end we just divorced because without trust I just never felt there could be real love. Hopefully things work out for you, but for me, once a cheater always a cheater.

Answer by gemgem at 10:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• To mammaclark3 Actually we planned Vegas last year so it was already in the plan and this incident that happened just happened Superbowl Sunday.
    dusty1962

Comment by dusty1962 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yeah Vegas is my Favorate place
    dusty1962

Comment by dusty1962 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2011