Does anybody else's husband "forget" all the time?!?!?

it's amazing that my dh can remember family guy quotes like nobody's business and he can even remember something horrible i said to him years ago to bring it up in a current fight we are having but he can't remember something that i told him 2 minutes ago to that needs to be done!!!

this is just a small example. so yesterday i was leaving to go to my parents house about an hour away. originally, dh was supposed to come up with me but he wasn't feeling well(because he NEVER feels well enough to do things with me) and he told me that he felt bad about not going. i told him since you're always canceling out on plans, especially with my parents, and this we were just visiting my dad yesterday and he loves my dad, i told him why don't you call and TELL him that you're sorry you couldn't make it. i told him it would mean a lot more than just hearing "oh sorry he couldn't come, he's sick again" from me. and he says okay i'll do that. i told him don't forget. i get to the house and ask my dad if he's called and my dad said no. and i get home later and ask him about it and he tells me that he forgot. but this happens ALL THE TIME. he always "forgets" something. whether it's the trash or the dog or RENT whatever.
how do you deal with a hubby that always forgets? because i honestly feel like he's just lying and telling me he forgot because he only forgets stuff that he has to do or should do. i don't know how to tell him that he's making me crazy always "forgetting"!!! help please oh and then he gets mad at me when i repeatedly remind him about things

pmg1030

Asked by pmg1030 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I started to "forget" things he asked me to do. Took a while but he got it. Not saying it was the mature thing to do but worked. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• im in the same boat... my husband "forgets" everything..except when theres something sports related on tv... lol i have no solution that wont end me up in jail lol
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Mine is the same way, I will tell him 3 things I need from the store he will come back with 1 , or will call and say I forgot what you wanted , so now I make him a list even if it is stuff I need him to do around the house, It has helped!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• This doesn't make things any better but things that are personally important to us stay with us. The rest just disappears. That goes for us, too.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My husband also "forgets" all the time. He forgets to take the trash out when I ask 10 times for him to do it. He forgets to stop at the store on his way home even though I make him a list so he wont forget. He forgets all sorts of things, but also can remember family guys quotes (lol btw) and he can tell me things about trains, nascar and just about anything else. So like the first person responded I started forgetting things myself. I forget to get him a soda when he asks.
    I also had a talk with him and told him I was sick of him forgetting things that were important to me or would help me (like taking out the trash). I told him I would start to forget too since I wasnt important enough to remember things for why should I remember for him? It did help.

Answer by gemgem at 10:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm not sure how much is "forgetting" and how much is "tuning out or selective hearing" :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• No. My Husband has an amazing memory and remembers just about everything - especially when it concerns me and/or Our Son.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2011