If you've stayed at a Disneyworld Resort hotel, which one was it and would you recommend it?

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 10:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Travel

• been to disney many times. contemporary is nice. best part is that its right on the monorail and very close to the magic kingdom. all stars are small and basic. new orleans french quarters are really nice. neat pool. bad part is that you have long bus rides to and from the parks. first one on last one off. jambo house is one where the animals are outside of your room. its very nice but expensive. and last on the bus route. also carribbean beach is fun but there are some other hotels that are a little more geared towards kids. hope this helps!!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Oh - I love the contemporary, it's very nice just on little on the expensive side.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've stayed at several, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian, the Carribean,the Swan, and  a few of the Lake Buena Vista hotels and villas.  I personally liked the Disney Music and Disney Sports hotels the best!  They are the value hotels.  And they are really great for a family :)  You don't spend a whole lot of time in your hotel room anyway.  The convenience of the monorail going through your lobby is fantastic of course, but so is the convenience of the buses at the Music and Sport hotels. That's my opinion.  I guess it depends on how much you want to spend, but also figure in the amount of time you actually stay in your hotel room.  And the food at any of the hotels is comparable.  One thing I always recommend though, is staying at an actual Disney hotel.  You can't beat it.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It really depends on what park you will be spending the most time. We've stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and I would recommend that if you get a view of the animals. If not, then I wouldn't bother with it. We've also stayed at the Contemporary and having both the monorail and boat transportation right there is nice. The Contemporary also has a decent quick serve restaurant. Saratoga Springs is really nice if you plan on spending a lot of time at Downtown Disney. All of the Boardwalk hotels are great for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. There are also a ton of restaurants and it's nice to just walk the boardwalk (or rent a 4 person bike). Have fun!

Also, I would strongly suggest a character dining while you are there. We've been to several. One of the nicer ones that people do not think of is the Garden Grove. I think it's at the Swan, but I get the Swan and Dolphin confused, so you'll need to double check.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I've stayed several times at the Contemporary, but it's the only one I've ever stayed at so I can't compare it to others. I have several friends who have stayed at the All Star Resorts and been pleased - and I know that's less expensive so I'll probably try it next time I go.

Answer by missanc at 10:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The Contemporary is my husband's choice (because of the monorail). Yes, it's expensive but it looks like it would offer a wonderful vacation. :)
    Nonoluna

Comment by Nonoluna (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• my dh said he saw a resort where if you looked out your balcony you could see wild animals roaming,if anyone knows about this one please let me know also. we are planning a trip there around october
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The the Animal Kingdom Lodge...at least I'm pretty sure that's what it's called. It looks pretty amazing although it's one of the deluxe hotels so you'll be paying.
    Nonoluna

Comment by Nonoluna (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've stayed at the Value Movies Resort...staying at POP next month
    bmwmom

Answer by bmwmom at 9:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I really want to do Carribean next, though.
    bmwmom