how do i get over my soon to be ex husnand!?!

this is driving me crazy. i was the one who left. i chose to end it almost a year ago. but yet i still miss him and love him. he has moved on and i am trying to. but i seem to like be stuck on auto replay in my head or something. All i used to be able to see were all the bad times his lies and the hurt he caused me. But now i am starting to remember the good things and it is making me miss him.is there something wrong with me. why cant i jsut let go and be over it. it has been almost a full year. what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Wait longer...it sucks but really that's all you can do. I think it's normal once you're out of a situation like that to see all the good and forget about the bad. Don't forget though! Remembering WHY you left and reminding yourself about that will help some when you start to feel lonely or miss him. It helps to have somebody to vent to about it as well. My situation with my ex was similar and I had feelings for him for years after I left, gradually over time they lessened and lessened until one day I realized I didn't miss him any more. I still care but I'm happy with my life now and I know I'm better off without him and it doesn't hurt any more.
    Anonymous

• Well... he was your Husband, maybe it was a mistake b/c you still love him. Sometimes it just takes time to realize the good and not all the bad. Does he feel the same way or is he over it? If he does, maybe give it another try b4 it's too late. Maybe a long break was what you needed.. you could start "dating" again and hold off on the divorce
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• his girlfriend is pregnant so no there is no chance of us getting back together. we were supposed to be taking a break for year. due to alot of issues. and then after that decide what to do. i left him for cheating and doing drugs. i loved him and still do very much and didnt want to leave but had to do what was best for my kids. this is our first holiday season with out him and our family traditions we had started. ie ginger bread houses. putting up our tree we took years to get just the way we wanted. i sound so bitter dont i? i really am not. i mean i am the one who left. how do i get over it?
    Anonymous

• make new traditions BE STRONG
    Anonymous

• I have had the same problem. I started missing my daughters father but then I remebered why I left his as sin the first place plus my SO is very nice and sweet wit no problems.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 11:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2008