Easter Eggs?

Do you color your own and hide them or do you buy the plastic ones and fill and hide them?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Holidays

• We do both. Actually it is tradition in my family to hollow out the eggs and decorate them then fill them with confetti. The kids find them and can smash them on things or on each other. We also get plastic ones and fill them with various things. We put candy, or rewards like "Free chore pass" which means if they have dishes for a week they can pass it to me and get that week off. We also put money in some of them like quarters, a dollar, and always once with a $10 bill. Thats the grand prize lol.

Answer by gemgem at 10:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We have done the real eggs but I'm going to go the plastic egg route this year.

Fill them with cool stuff: Movie Gift Card, Money, Stickers, etc.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We color eggs for fun ... then I use them after easter to make a tray of deviled eggs. But for the egg hunt, we use the plastic ones and fill them with candy or small prizes. They loved when they got chuck e cheese tokens in their eggs last year...I'll probably do that again this year.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We do both. Some for my own kids to decorate, but there are about 30 kids that hunt eggs in the family and you can get more volume with the plastic kinds. Plus some of the plastic ones we fill with loose change. They get so excited with a quarter. Mind you all of these children are old enough to not put it in their mouth.
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 10:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• both
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*REAL EGGS*~... we color, hide, and most of the time they never get eaten anyways... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We color them because that's what I've always done! When I was a kid, we dyed eggs every year, so it's something I look forward to doing each year with my kids.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We always colored real eggs when I was a kid, but plastic with our son when he was little because he was allergic to eggs. Now that he's outgrown his egg allergy, he's not interested, so we don't do either anymore.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011