My DD is 27 months old. Should she now colors by now...Everything is eaither pink or green. If it is green or pink shes right but the other colors are all pink and green. We have done lots of things with her to get to know colors but is it bad she only knows 2 of them.. and all colors are those 2..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you're expecting too much from a 2 year old.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Mine toddler will be three in March. She doesn't know all her colors. Each child learns things a different paces, just cause someone elses child at around the same age knows their colors, doesn't mean yours should. Your child may know his or her alphabet or numbers, or have an extensive vocab, where other children at simular ages do not.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• lol sounds like your toddlers fav colors are pink and green I do agree it is too soon to be concerned. Just reinforce"what color is this-pink!-or is it blue? can yuo say blue?- blue- THATS RIGHT AWESOME JOB HUN YOUR SO SMART!" Remember what a child should know and or do is often different than what they do know or do. For instance my 9 week old who was born 5 weeks early can roll over hold a rattle and shake it bat at his activity gym toys and can lift and hold his head for minutes when he is on his tummy which he shouldnt be able to do but he doesnt sleep for more than 2 hours and isnt cooing or smiling at people besides mommy and daddy which he should be doing. I dont stress it. It will come in time
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Learning the colors, the ABC's, the 123's really, really varies. Some kids just aren't interested and don't learn them until 4 or 5. Some kids learn them at 2 or 3. All these kids are normal and equally bright - they just learn these concepts at different times and at different paces.
    So what can you do to help her learn them?
    I'd suggest you have "color of the day". Use that color crayon, that color playdoh. Make a game out of finding that color while out shopping. Play with that color toy. Wear that color shirt. Don't stress if she gets it wrong. Just say "Really? It sure looks like blue to me" and move on.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• TOTALLY normal. My daughter can repeat the color names in english and italian but doesnt remember them worth a darn, so as far as I am concerned your daughter is pretty advanced! lol (my daughter is 26 mos.)
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 1:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2008