Host late for own party

Ds and I was invited to a birthday party last night(host daughter party). I had talked to the host yesterday morning I told her I wouldn't be there because dd was sick, but I will get mt sister to drop ds off since she was going too. I felt kind of bad that I canceled out so I got a babysitter for dd at the last minute. Me an ds drove 45 minutes to the partyto find out that the host and birthday girl was not there. Everyone was waiting outside to get into the building. I called the host and she said they were just getting dressed and then had to pick up the cake and the rest of the food. After about 45 minutes ds was whining that he was hungry, by then I was pissed so I left to go get ds a burger. While at the drive-thru I decided to just go home and take care of my sick child. I went back and gave my gift to my sister and left. A couple hours later I decided to call my sister to ask her how was the party going she said her and her daughter were leaving because they still was a no show. This morning I woke up the host had wrote a nasty message on facebook for all of those who didn't come or stayed at the party. Should I call her or should I just let it go?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I would let it go. Something is wrong with her mentally lol. You are late for your own party, have people waiting outside and get upset when you are no show and people with small children leave? Did she think the kids would have fun waiting.. Was the theme waiting game?
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Personally I wouldn't be able to let it go - I'd simply comment on her post that perhaps the party would've had a better turn out if she hadn't been several hours late and left her guests standing around outside. I'm not the most punctual person but it's ridiculous to be late to your kid's party - as host she had a responsibility to be there earlier than the guests to set up and greet anyone arriving. There's really no excuse, outside some freak accident or medical emergency, to be that late for your kid's party.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• That is so weird. I wouldn't say a word - not worth it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• honestly unless your close friends with this person let it go......other peoples drama is never worth becoming involved in
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• That is horrid!

Not only sooooo tacky to be late but so unbelievably self centred to get mad instead of giving a HUGE apology to everyone.  She will not have friends very long with that attitude.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I do not understand. Something is wrong. If it is a friend, I would be concerned for her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• @ cara124 she is my niece-in-law
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• She was posting on facebook every thirty minutes that they were late and they were trying to get dressed and get the food.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• There is no excuse for that ..... and maybe if she wasn't fuss'n around on the computer every 30 min she wouldnt have been late. How old is she? She is acting like a teenager who thinks she is the center of the world. And did she think her guests standing out side the venue had brought their laptops so they could read facebook??? What a dope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• She is 24
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Feb. 20, 2011