I am so darn tired(vent where is the sandman) adult content

I been trying to go to sleep of a night and i cannot seem to really get any. Hubby always snores and always had never bothered me this much but the last few nights i am so close to going to sleep and all i hear is him snoring. He usually rolls over when asked but since he fell and hurt his ribs he won't because it hurts him. that i can understand. but i cannot understand why i am having difficulty going to sleep. I took melatonin Nothing but made me jumpy. the next night i took a natural nerve pill. it calmed my body down but no sleep. last night i took 1 melatonin and 1 natural nerve pill. but it took me until after 3 am to go to sleep and i was awake in 3.5 hours. i am still exhausted the last full night sleep i had was Wednesday. I am not sure what is going on. then i noticed this morning my middle toe on right foot was swollen really badly. i knew it was the other day i thought i had it all taken care of , so i had to work around with it again this time it helped alleviate a lot of pain and swelling. could the toe actually cause it because it was infected? or is it just i am nervous? i don't know but i wish the sandman would hit my house tonight so i can rest

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• Move to another bed or couch until your DH can heal and be able to roll over. I like chamomile tea to help me sleep. And warm milk helps too. Stop the other things you are taking. They obviously are not helping. You also might try a warm bath before bedtime. I wish you the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I don't think the toe would affect it, but you should be a doc about that anyway . . . .infections can spread, so they should be treated while they are small.
    While you are there, you can talk to your doc about the sleep issue. SOmetimes, they can prescribe something for a week or so, just to help you get back on track.
    Until then, it is probably okay for you to take Benedryl to help you sleep, It is actually clinically used in hospitals to help people get to sleep. Only take 1, not 2 . . . . there is a funny thing about it . .. 1 can cause drowsiness, and 2 can cause restlessness.
    Regarding the snoring . . . don't feel like you have to stay in the same room. When it gets bad, give yourself permission to take a pillow and blanket to the couch or one of your kid's rooms. You need your sleep, too.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011