Pregnancy and sudden weight gain

I'm 30 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and in the past two weeks have gained 7, maybe 8lbs.

This is my second pregnancy, my first ended with an emergency c-section because of preeclampsia. I remember a lot of weight gain at the end of my pregnancy being a symptom.

Is 7lbs in 2 weeks at this stage too much? It seems like a lot to me.. I've gained a total of 35lbs with this pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Everybody is different, but sudden weight gain this late can be a sign of a problem. In your place, I'd get checked over for high blood pressure right away.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• At this point, your baby is packing on pounds. If you haven't gained a lot of weight during your pregnancy, I'd say it's pretty normal. But since you've dealt with an issue before with the same symptom, there's no harm in talking to your doctor.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Are you eating more? Exercising less? if not, talk to your doc. Its the only way you can rule out something serious and ease your mind. try gentle yoga and simple walking as well. You'lll feel better and it will help with the weight gain. Thats what i did, and I gained 42 lbs while pregnant with my son. Good luck!
    pagwife55

Answer by pagwife55 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I am 34 weeks and had the same thing happen to me in this last week, I've gained about 30 so far and 6 of it in the last week!! My midwife said it was perfectly normal and since my weight gain is still right on track she wasnt too worried about it. When I seen the scale I was like wow this is ridiculous lol
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• That would be normal for me!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Hmm hows your blood pressure? Any protein in urine they have ested for? I had it to my first time around are you swollen? The doctor told me that its not likely to re occur in a second pragnancy..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 2:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You can loose it I gained 30 with my first and 10 with my second.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Scale error, haha! I got to my inlaws today, and they have a digital scale that I used two weeks ago, right before my doc's appointment so I could see how far off it was. It says I've only gained 3lbs. Apparently my old scale needs some tuning..

Thank you all for taking the time to answer. I also checked my bp today, and it was only slightly higher than normal, but my DS was acting up, so I'm pretty sure it was a temporary raise.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• LOL, don't you love when that happens?
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2011