I am thinking of attending church this morning... thoughts?

I have not been in I guess 3 or 4 years.
I do not know as much about my religion as I should.
I only own jeans.
The rest of my family would not like to attend.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 11:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• What is stopping you? I go to church in jeans all the time :-) Its all I have right now. Are you going for you or for your family? I encourage you to look at going to church not about religion but about building a relationship with God and with your brothers and sisters in Christ. Church is supposed to be organic not institutional. It is where you learn and grow and know about who you are in Christ Jesus.
    So do not let things stop you... just go!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If you feel like you want to or should then do it. It has been 3-4 yrs and you thinking about attending may be for some reason and can be God talking to you to go. You may hear something that you've been waiting on hearing. If you are fully covered and look decent with the jeans then you are good.

You do not need your familty to attend church it is a personal and individual thing.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think of you as I sip my herbal tea and scarf down a donut!! (JOKE. I'm actually on the computer and will have to go to the grocery store afterwards!)
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~ ... take your first steps
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• go for it! I've been meaning to attend the unitarian church but I'm sick with the flu so it's not a good idea lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Do whatever makes you comfortable. There are plenty of churches who would accept you in your jeans, and if its something you really want to do its okay if you do it alone. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Go if it means a lot to you. I know plenty of people who are the only church goers in their families. Just be neat and wear whatever you have. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If you want to attend church go ahead and attend church, even if you only own jeans. As long as they are clean no one should say anything about what you wear. A lot of churches people go to; go to see what other people are wearing and try to out do them. To me that is silly. You go to church for one reason and one reason only and that is to worship God.
    confused642

Answer by confused642 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011