To add on to my question earlier about my boys fighting all the time ive tried the chart thing didnt work ive tried making them do chores together they fight while cleaning ther room and i even give them certain things to do and ive taken privelges away as well what else could i do

amyallboys

Asked by amyallboys at 11:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have 3 girls (10, 8 and almost 5) and a boy (9) and they all fight all the time. Mostly I just let them figure it out themselves. Unless they are close to killing each other or are on my last nerve I stay out of it. Always solving their problems won't help them learn to deal with each other. I find they fight much more in the winter when they've been cooped up together all winter. In the summer when they spend most of their time outside playing with their friends they get along so much better. So when they really get at each other's throats (especially the girls since all 3 share one small room) I separate them. I get them outside if it's not below freezing (make them take a walk around the block, go find some friends to play with, shoot hoops...whatever) or just make them do stuff in separate rooms. That usually helps.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• which ones are always fighting?
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• how old are they?
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• 6months/4yrs/7yrs/11yrs
    amyallboys

Comment by amyallboys (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• boys always fight. It is in there blood. Maybe you should just throw them in the back yard and let them go at it. I really dont think it is anything you can stop. (obviously not including the baby)
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 12:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have to disagree with luvmymedic... I dont think that brothers should 'ALWAYS' be fighting. has hubs tried some alpha male discipline with them? there really is no reasons sibs should always be fighting.

I dont believe in choosing sides, when my kids got into it I always disciplined BOTH kids.  But there has to be something going on if this is an 'all the time' occurance

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• well try to figure out what exactlly is the root of there disagreements are sit them down and try to talkit ot explain your a family also a team and need to try o stick together. Also have you tried time outs they eventualy hae to get tired of being in there.. Good luck figurin it out!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 1:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011