I need work advice

So, I and a few other people I work with feel like we are being mistreated. We have to come to work even when were sick, we can't leave work when we feel sick ( I work at a daycare center by the way). We can't get anydays off that we need off not even half the day. I wasn't able to bring my son to the doctor's because I wasn't able to leave work. I won't be able to bring him to his check up in decemeber because I was told they couldn't give me the afternoon off. I feel like I am never allowed to be sick or be able to go to any of my son's appointments or my own as long as I am working there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• Get another job
    Anonymous

• What''s your question? Get another job if you're not happy. They don't have to give you time off. I don't necessarily agree with it, but they don't.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• They won't let you? You're an adult! Take your son to the dr., they can't control you. And if they want to be asses about it...let them find someone else to take your place. Chances are, nobody else wants to work there either!
    Anonymous

• Get a new job! Don't let anyone control you! This is exactly why I don't have a "job". Find something better!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 10:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You need to find another job. It sounds like this is one of those horrific child care centers thats in it for the cash and dont give a rip about the children they care for or the mothers they employ (been there done that) you know in your heart its more than them not letting you be sick and degrading you as a person. Try another center that is about the kids and if you are certified and really enjoy your job try looking into getting your home licensed for in home childcare. You can employ great assistants for those errands yuo need to run but dont want to bring all the day care kids with. Good luck!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008