Is light tan a good color for a bedroom? Living room?

We are getting ready to sell (or try to sell) our house.

I've decided to repaint the kitchen a pale yellow (it's Sunshine Yellow right now, which I love...but it needs a fresh coat, so I decided to tone it down a little (it's a very small kitchen)).

Anyhow, we are still trying to figure out the living room. I know NOT to paint it white, since white is a bright color. Thinking about a nice beige or off white. Hubby and I can't agree on that at the moment. LOL! What would you go with?

Also the bedroom. We are living my son's alone. It's a nice light blue...and he's 3 so I don't want to repaint it....it's his room, ya know? But for the master bedroom, I was thinking of a light tan color with white trim? Do you think that would be good? And what color would you do the master bath?

Thanks!

SouthernMama08

Asked by SouthernMama08 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would do the light tan
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think light colors are good in any room rather than dark ones-light colors make a room seem bigger and brighter-dark colors will make the room look smaller and darker...I think light tan is a good choice!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 12:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I love light tan.
    Dulce1023

Answer by Dulce1023 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Shades of off white are definitely a good way to go if you're selling your house. It's very safe, and it's easier for people to see their things in a house that is a neutral color.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Light tan is a good neutral color that has enough color that people won't hate it for being bland.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have light tan in my livingroom, it doesn't look bad.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011