Does anybody sell things on eBay?

I sell things on eBay, have for a few years. Sometimes I sell more than other, but I was wondering if you sold things and if you do, do you make good money at it?

SouthernMama08

Asked by SouthernMama08 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have thought about doing it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I found out you need to pay first to set up an account (start up fee). I'm to broke for all that so I gotta use craigslist.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 1:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Jazmineamomma- really? I've been at it so long that I didn't know that. It was completely free to start when I joined.
    SouthernMama08

Comment by SouthernMama08 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I sell stuff on Ebay...not really to make money, just to get rid of stuff we don't need and/or use. I didn't have to pay to get started either.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 3:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• eBay does not have a start up fee

The CafeMom eBay seller group has many wise and experienced women:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/48

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I started selling on eBay several years ago. I never had to pay any type of fee and unless there is something new, I believe that's only if you want to set up a store front. LOL! Anyway, I actually bought the book "eBay Business for Dummies". It told me everything I needed to know. Also, if have any unanswered questions, the forums and groups on eBay are a must read!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Ebay has become a place where it is more and more likely to be scammed! Most people I know of use Craigs List, deal only with locals, and cash is king!!! Far too many people sell stuff on EBay that is either fake, cheesy/cheap, or they take money and pretend to send you an item! It isn't like it used to be when they first came out... or the scam they send you money, than want some back???
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The only I thing I sell is old Coach Purses. I use that money to buy new ones. Mom2Jack04 sells on ebay. You may want to ask her for tips.

Best Wishes!
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have sold some things, but not very much. It depends on what it is and whether I can sell it better on ebay or craig's list.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011