How many smokers do you know and what state are you in?

people some times dont believe me when I say I do not know one single person (that I socialize with) that smokes. My kids RARELY see a smoker unless we are traveling. But CA (Im in a So. Cal.) has such strict smoking laws that you just dont see it... unless it is in an area with tourists.

But when we travel to the mid west it seems EVERY one smokes. Or at least a HUGE number of people.

So I would love to see what your experiences are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• I live I'm Utah and my brother in law Smokes but that's really all
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I live in Milwaukee and almost every person I know has smoked at one time. Many have quit so now I would say the majority are non-smokers.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I know atleast 10 people. Mostly my inlaws and I live in Northern California.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Im in Massachusetts and only know one smoker personally.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I live in CO, and almost everyone I know smokes
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Im in NC and just about every one I know smokes. Its hard to find someone who doesnt.

Answer by gemgem at 12:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• wow... leksismommy... and I always had the perception of CO being such a healthy state
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I live in Kansas and I know a lot of smokers. Both of my sisters, my parents, my brother-in-law, my nieces, and my nephew, all smoke. On my side of the family, I am the only one that doesn't smoke. I know where I work there is a lot of smokers as well. They are always going outside for smoke breaks.
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm from Nevada and pretty much everyone I know there smokes. where we are stationed in Italy, only the men smoke, I know very few women here who smoke.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm in Alberta, Canada & I know a LOT of smokers. My roommate smokes (ouside) and a fair amount of my friends, though I never see those friends. My son's dad smokes & so does most of his family, though never around my son. Parts of my family do too.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011