Thinking about giving my two weeks notice!

I have worked for my company for 10.5 yrs. I have only missed about 10 days (sick) except for my leaves when I had my children. (only took 6 weeks for all three of my kids). I work extra hours never had a bad complaint.I am a traveling CNA (MAKE $11.22/hr). I haven't had a raise in 3 yrs, I meet with the big boss and asked for a raise, I got the run around how the company is in debt. Then they told me about another job they are going to be hiring for (temp. office staff) but you would in the field and only be used when the office staff are on there vactions (they get 5 PAID a yr, we get 1). I was going to put in for it, but my mom found out last night from the boss they already hired someone. (the boss is also a family friend,she wasn't the one who told me about the other job). The person who told me said that when they start accepting apps I would be notified. I meet with her last week, my mom was told this last night. I feel like I am getting the run around and getting it "UP THE ASS!!" with this company. Going to talk to hubby tonight, but I think I may give my two week notice, or start looking. Hubby make $30 a hour so we would be fine on his income. He has been wanting me to look else where for a while now. He is at work so he doesn't know about this with them yet. what would you do?!

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'd start looking for something else, but wouldn't quit until I found something.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• With this economy I would not do anything quickly. Look around. See if you can and do get another job. My DH has been virtually promised/given a job within his company twice to then be passed over once he interviews officially. He hates it. But we have a child with medical needs and we need the insurance. He stays because he knows that what I make cannot support us. But he looks and one day he will find it. So will you.

Your DH is making good money now, but these days that could be limited. You never know when any company will do layoffs and sometimes the best paid are the first to go.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• dont do it before having another job lined up.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• oops... missed the part about hubs having a job that you feel is secure and makes enough... then do what you like.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• but be prepared to answer why you quit... with out putting down the employeer and sounding like sour grapes. If you still have the job while looking it doesnt look as bad.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I know I am just in lost, I love my job and my clinets, it would be them hurting.. maybe I should wait to they pass on? then quit.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Can you keep your clients independently?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• He is union, there are only 3 guys that work for his company, in his feild (HVAC) so NO chance he is going anywhere. All employees make the same.
    I can't keep them independently. They are paid for by med-care though elder serivces. I get fined $5000 if I do. and they would have to pay me cash
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If you're working with these people more because you care about them and not because of the money, I'd still work there. How many people do you usually have? If this job is stressing you out and its affecting your life, I would put my 2 weeks in. I understand that sometimes a job is more about the people you take care of or what you get out of it. I would try concentrating on the people you take care of and not so much the people you work for. Unless its really affecting your life.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 12:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I work 7:40a-12:30p, except tues and thur until 3. I have 5 wonderful ladies!. and you nailed it I am there for them not for the company.. one I have been with 6 yrs. :) Thanks for cheering me up ladies. :)
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011