Should I quit?

I have worked for my company for 10.5 yrs. I have only missed about 10 days (sick) except for my leaves when I had my children. (only took 6 weeks for all three of my kids). I work extra hours never had a bad complaint.I am a traveling CNA (MAKE $11.22/hr). I haven't had a raise in 3 yrs, I meet with the big boss and asked for a raise, I got the run around how the company is in debt. Then they told me about another job they are going to be hiring for (temp. office staff) but you would in the field and only be used when the office staff are on there vactions (they get 5 PAID a yr, we get 1). I was going to put in for it, but my mom found out last night from the boss they already hired someone. (the boss is also a family friend,she wasn't the one who told me about the other job). The person who told me said that when they start accepting apps I would be notified. I meet with her last week, my mom was told this last night. I feel like I am getting the run around and getting it "UP THE ASS!!" with this company. Going to talk to hubby tonight, but I think I may give my two week notice, or start looking. Hubby make $30 a hour so we would be fine on his income. He has been wanting me to look else where for a while now. He is at work so he doesn't know about this with them yet. what would you do?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• CNA jobs are easy to come by...no raise in 3 years I'd quit...is it an agency? I know they don't give rasies like a reg job. i am a hospice CNA and make alot more and get decent rasies so I would not put up with that.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• dont quit with out another job waiting.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You are reacting. Find another job first.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would for sure start looking else where, if your ok without your income I don't see why you couldnt go ahead and put your two weeks in now but of course any extra income helps so maybe just wait til you find something!!
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yeah I should.. huh? esp with todays work.. I think tomorrow when I see my old ladies I will feel better and know WHY!!! I do this job.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yes it is a agency.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2011