Eye scratch update

Went to the ER and they didn't get me in until 11:30 pm and we went in at 7:00pm. Then they gave me a prescription for antibacterial eye drops and a Percoset for the pain. Here's my question now. Is it safe to take Percoset when pregnant? I wouldn't think so, but I told them I suspect pregnancy and they still gave it to me.

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 12:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• If you told them that you suspect that you are pregnant.. do they give you a pregnancy test? They should have if you mentioned that just to be sure.

Did you ask them if it was ok to take if you are pregnant, did they brush it off or acknowledge that you might be pregnant?
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Call your advice nurse or your doctor just to be on the safe side.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• it is not known. but should not be used in late pregancy or while breastfeeding.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• They didn't give me a pregnancy test. They asked if there was a chance I was pregnant and I said "I actually think I am. Why?"and the nurse said "We just have to ask in case you need an x-ray." That was the last I heard of it.
    MamaStuart

Comment by MamaStuart (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I wouldnt take it,try tylenol instead.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 1:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I already took it because I was so tired and in so much pain, it didn't occur to me until this morning that percocet is a narcotic. They didn't give me a prescription for it, just one while I was there. I have my hubby getting tylenol for pain now.
    MamaStuart

Comment by MamaStuart (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• if unsure call your doctor did you tell them at the ER you were pregnant? Doesn't seem like they'd give you something that wasn't safe to take while pregnant if you told them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011