do you feel older guys should talk to young teenagers?

Do you think its right for guys in there twentys and older to be talking to young teenagers that r 17 and younger? how would you feel if it was your daughter?

proudmom14

Asked by proudmom14 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• no. period. Unless...they have know each other since elementary school.
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have a very attractive 14 year old daughter who looks 17 without even trying to. I've had situations where older guys will try to flirt with her, etc.. I nip that in the bud, quick.

I have also made it clear that my daughter is not allowed to have a male friend over a certain age.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 9:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Depends really. How much older are we talking? Maybe they were a senior when the girl was a freshman, know what I'm sayin? Every situation is different. Now if it were a 25 year old preying on a 16 year old on myspace, then HECK NO!!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Talking is one thing, flirting is totally another. I would hope that I would have instilled enough common sense in my daughter to see it for what it is, some older guy trying to get into her pants and nothing more. I do not have daughters, but I do have nieces in that age range and your question is a very good one because this does come up.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• hell no!!!! I use to try to talk to older guys and Im glad they ignored me!!!!!
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 9:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I think it's great. It lets real adults know who to stay away from.
    Anonymous

• Depends on what they're "talking" about.
    That's kind of a broad question.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• That is what i was getting to i have a friend that gets on young girls myspace and add them he is 29 and the girls r young under 16. it is really scary cause i dont want my kids around this man. is it normal? i did not think so
    proudmom14

Answer by proudmom14 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• talking to liek tring to date? no that is wrong and ii think it is stupid when parents are fine with their teen daughter or son dating someone that is liek that .. now just talking like friends that is fine i had friend in their twentys when i was in high school i played pool with them at the pool hall on weekends
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• No, I don't agree. I've heard this kind of conversation before. It does depend on the circumstances. If the 20 or 30 something guy is just turned on by young women, & is looking at them as a piece of meat, (sex), H*LL NO! Can't they find someone closer to their age, are they that immature to be looking at teens in that way? Now, if they're strictly friends, maybe o.k., but I would still question it. I know of a guy that was in his 30's, & actually dated a 17 & 19 year old before, at different times. He said he had sex with the 19 year old, but not the 17 year old. He claims that they "looked" like they were in their early to mid twenties. I think it's perverted!
    Anonymous