My husband has Filed for a divorce. The kids?

I am planning to keep all 3 of my children. (one is incoming). Many people are telling me its going to be tough, and that my oldest daughter should stay with her dad. But the reason my husband filed for a divorce is because he thought that I was spending too much time with the children. But in reality, I was spending too much time with HIM rather than my children. Should one of our children stay with him?

mannyperry

Asked by mannyperry at 12:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• No if you think you can handle them thn take all of them. My mom took all 3 of us when she left my father. Women can do anything they put they're minds to! Stay strong mom!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• usually the mom does keep the kids.....I would keep all my kids.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• no that sounds a bit crazy. Hope it is easy.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 1:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The judge isnt going to seperate the kids unless one of the kids is over 12 and has a preference to be with your soon to be ex. Judges usually look at a number of factors in determining custody. The fact your ex says you spend too much time with the kids (true or not) works in your favor because you are the childrens primary care taker. With the incoming child if you choose to breastfeed he also wont get over nights with that baby until that baby is old enough to take them. A friend of mine didnt have overnights for her son with her ex for 3 yrs. The most important thing is to document document document. I honestly dont think you have anything to be afraid of.

Answer by gemgem at 1:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Keep them all if he is leaving you because of that if probably won't give her the time of day
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Part with my kids????? No way !!!!!!!!!! Keep them all,you won't be sorry.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 1:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I could never leave my kids, if my son stays with his grandma for a night I feel lost!!
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Hang onto your babies! Your husband made the decision to leave his family, you didn't.

My dad left us when I was 11. My Mom got custody of all 3 of us..my baby sister was only 2 months old when the divorce was final. My dad, got a new family and never really undersood the child support thing...we rarely saw him. My Mom did it and if she can so can you! It won't be easy and you will have to make sacrifices. Your sacrifices will turn out some fabulous kids though! Mom had never even had a job when left on her own. She raised us on minimum wage jobs without any PA. You can do it!! I will say some prayers for you and your family.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• definitely take all the kids.
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 1:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would take all the kids. If he divorces you because you spent too much time with the kids he has no interest in the kids.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011