Would you be a little annoyed with him, or more understanding of his side?

my husband stayed out til 11pm last night and drank too much rum, also drank a lot of beer. 11 isnt late or anything but hes the type who usually gets home from work, eats, and then goes straight to bed to watch tv til he falls asleep. anyway he woke up at 5 am, vomited, and vomited like 5 more times. he got the last of it out at like 8 or 9 am. so needless to say he got very little sleep. as did i since i wake at every noise. anyway around 12 he wanted to go take a nap and our 1 year old was being very loud. she is just a loud baby, she wasnt fussing she was just jibbering loudly. he got pissed, stormed out of the room and rambled on about how loud she is and stuff. he went over to his moms to help her with her toolshed and i suggested that he just nap over there. he got a little hissy about that too and said he cant nap over there. well i wanted to be like "sorry you got drank so much last night that you were up half the night puking. its not our daughters fault." but i didnt say anything. i just feel annoyed though that he is actually upset with our daughter for getting in the way of his nap when if he hadnt drank so much he would have gotten plenty of sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Hubby does that sometimes....wants to nap but kids are....you know BEING KIDS......so instead of letting the kids feel bad about it or bitching at him,i get sarcastic and we all win....well except him cuz he gets pissed and storms off :) But hey the kids get a good laugh :)
    Jguzman305

Answer by Jguzman305 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would have put my kid in a playpen followed him to our room and chewed his butt. It is one thing to be understanding and let him have a nap to sleep it off, but he has no right to yell at your dd for being a normal kid. She did not pour all those drinks down his throat.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• if he went out and drank and it's not a normal thing, then ok. he had his fun. he paid for it by puking all night, so he'll be tired.t hat's fine too. and most men are whiny brats when it comes to losing sleep or headaches, so him getting annoyed at the baby isnt a surprise. but i would DEFINITELY not let it slide. sounds like he's just being cranky but i'd put him in his place fast quick and in a hurry.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 1:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yea, i would not feel sorry for him at all. I would probably say just that.... "dont bitch at me because YOU have a hangover dude." Not your problem, and he s not being fair to you either. But, when some people dont feel good, they re just grouchy. I know I am. Maybe he will apologize later when hes feeling better.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Mine did that once and I told him never to do it again bc if he ever yelled at our child to be quiet again bc he had a hangover he'd be seeking new lodgings. He never did it again but I divorced him anyway for other reasons.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would have told him off. He knew he'd have to get through the next day and he chose to drink anyway, I can understand being considerate and letting a person get in a nap when they have a hangover but if my SO ever came out of the bedroom and went off on our daughter I'd flip out on him
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would have said exactly what you wanted to say, that it's not the baby's fault that he did something dumb. I'd also tell him that if he's gonna get drunk and have a hangover that he better do it somewhere else, because if he yells at the baby again like that, he'll be picking up his teeth off the floor before packing his stuff for a sudden move.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Oh hell no! i would have got mad that he got mad at ur daughter. It is afterall HIS fault he got drunk and sick, and it seems to me like you didnt get any sleep either because of him. That is one situation where i would have let him have it. Not so much the fact that he got drunk and came home at 11. but the fact he gt pissy at your daughter because he was hung over
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Tell him the truth. That's precisely what he needs to hear and I would do it before this day is over. You don't have to be hateful, just very, very truthful. It's called suffering the consequences for one's own bad choices, and while it's a little late for him to be learning about that, it is never TOO late, so just let him have it........but kindly, please!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I wouldve been like "its your own fault you didnt sleep. thats what you get for drinking, dont you dare take it out on our daughter. Maybe next time think about that before you go out"
    sphillips6

Answer by sphillips6 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011