How often does your newborn poop?

My DS is almost 5 weeks old and has not pooped in 3 1/2 days. The doctor didn't seemed to worried. He is breastfed. Any tips on how I can get him to go?

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do leg exercises.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Move his legs around, up to his tummy. gently massage his tummy from around his belly button outward in a clockwise motion, this promotes healthy circulation and development in their digestive area.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• doctor told me if shes complety breast fed can be once a week. But talk to your doctor about it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• do leg exercies and try moving her legs gentle then try taping her belly and bellybutton very very gentle
    rave88

Answer by rave88 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We had the issue with my son when he was an infant, we gave him gripe water since it seemed to be painful for him, but the doctor didn't seem worried either because it had only been about 5 days.... but the gripe water worked for him, it helped him poop wonders! My daughter is 4 weeks and hasn't pooped in two days, but it doesn't seem to bother her like it did with him, so we're just keeping an eye on her for now.
    Stephie999

Answer by Stephie999 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011