My friend want a baby !!! bad idea

well my friend is 18 and she want to have a baby and im trying to explain to he to wait after she gets done with her schooling. I was a young mom well still am and she wont listen to me about this. I wished i went throgh school and got a career going befor i had my daughter. I was telling her that it makes everything chang school realitionship friends every everthing but she think haveing a baby is going to solve her realitionship problems and stuff. and she is the kinda of girl who loves her partying and i told her that shes going to have to slow down on that alot. she told me that she would bring kid with. WTF i was thinking. but any ways it soo hard to explain. what eles should i say to her

tearb

Asked by tearb at 1:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Let her take care of your child for a 24-36 hour period and let her see the reality...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Nothing.  She is her own person and makes her own decisions.  You've done what you can and explained to her your situation but in the end, she is going to do what she wants to anyways.  It's out of your hands and your control.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Have her make a budget: clothes, food, rent, utilities, retirement savings, college, etc.

When did teens lose their ambitions and drive? Why don't they want to travel? Run for public office? Have careers? Join the Peace Corps? It is so disheartening...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• having a baby is never gonna solve her relationship problems, whatever thier problems are they not gonna be solved.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Every person is different and alost every women changes her whole personailty after having a child so there is a chance the partying will coe to an end. As far as finishing schooling lots of women can handle both schooling and parenting. You need to try t be supportive if you cant change her mind because it will make the 2 of you fall apart and if she will be doing it alone sounds like she will need someone who has faith in her..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 1:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Not much you can do. Just step back, shake your head, and hope she's not one of those girls that gets pregnant easily. If she does end up pregnant, hope that the grandparents or someone else steps in to take care of that child. Also you never know, she might turn over a new leaf after being pregnant and having a baby, but it's doubtful.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• There's really nothing you can do. You can talk until you are blue in the face, but if she is bound determined to have a baby, she's going to do it. There will be another baby in the world that isn't cared for properly, unfortunately. This kind of stuff makes me sick!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2011