If your going on vacation this summer where to and for how long?

how much do you plan on spending and how many in your family sorry so many questions its just that im planning to go on a road trip and theirs 6 of us just want to ball park it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Travel

• Were going to Nags Head NC. Its about 8 hours from us. We will go for atleast a week possibly two. I am going to my parents beach house so it wont cost me anything, but if I were renting it then it would cost around $2000 a week (3 story, 5 bedroom 5 bth with a pool a block from the beach). I plan on spending around $1000 while we are there. We have to buy our own groceries for the house. We also go to the Aquarium, light houses, Roanoke Island, and things like that. There are 6 of us going. All toll vacation will cost us around $1300.

Answer by gemgem at 1:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• two and a half weeks. Indiana out of obligation (ugh) then to chicago for a day or two, then either boston or nyc.
    Anonymous

• 7 days in Yosemite. We went a lakeside house in a golf-course community. My husband will white water raft and we'll all go hiking and such. We do this every year. Cost is... a lot.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• *rent not went
    Orionsgirl

• We're driving to the Black Hills - Rapid City, South Dakota. 6 of us. We'll be driving a big van (gas guzzler) but we'll have more than just the 6 of us in it. We're renting a cabin from friends - if it weren't for them giving us a special deal, it would cost us roughly $1,100 for the rental - but that includes a kitchen stocked with everything to cook our own meals, use of the washer & dryer, the cabin is HUGE (we'll be sleeping 7 kids & 8 or more adults, comfortably), we're within short distance of tons of attractions - so we'll save money by not eating out, we're not stuck in a tiny hotel room, etc. Totally worth it IMO. Not sure what we'll spend on gas, but for cabin, fun, etc, we're planning to spend about $1500.
    Anonymous

• We'll drive to California (LA area) from Denver. We tend to stay on the road for 3 weeks, but it depends on what we want to see on the way there and back. This year is all complicated because the kids want to go to camp and the dates coincide with when we usually road trip. I think camp will win out.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We are going for Spring Break to Disney...3 adults, 2 children/ 7 nights 8 days- right under 3000
    bmwmom

Answer by bmwmom at 9:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We are going to Victoria, BC. We love it there and the WorldMark is awesome.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 12:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We're constantly traveling. We have an RV and we love it!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011