is it possible to have a breech vbac?

okay so I had a c-sec on Sept 12, 2005 and had my first VBAC on Jan 8, 2008... just 10mos ago.... 36wks pregnant with another baby and dr. told me that if he is breech that I will still be okay to have another VBAC.

My previous Dr. which is the one who delivered my baby in January, told me then that if my daughter was breech that he couldnt deliver her breech or turn her for fear of ripping my uteran scar from the VBAC and that would result in a complete histerectomy......

My current Dr. told me that she could turn this baby or deliver him breech and it wouldnt hurt anything... now I'm confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ... I think your new doc is kind of full of it... seriously there is a lot of risk in trying to turn the baby if you've had a c-section. Breech births are dangerous whether you have had a c-section or not...
    Anonymous

• some drs can do things others cant and some feel more comfortable doing it .. maybe this dr says they can because they have doen it before good luck
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would research what the actual chances of your scar tearing are. That and I feel female doctors tend to think and know women can handle more than male doctors think... weaker sex and all that is still around.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Try to see a chiropractor and have the webster technique done, 80% success rate.. and no drugs or manipulation like an external version!
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• The chances of you have a UR is about .04%. The only way most doctors even know you've had a rupture is because they end up doing a c-section and find a window in your uterus(meaning just a thinned out section there).
    I've heard great things about the Wester technique!
    There are plenty of instances where breech babies have turned!
    You can do it, Momma!!!
    cassandrans

Answer by cassandrans at 10:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2008