Does anyone believe in acupressure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Someone just gave me this website what do you think? You think it works or just a load of bull lol has it worked on anyone of you? Im 38 weekd and 4 days : )

Tarrahs2011

Asked by Tarrahs2011 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Accupressure uses no needles. That is acupuncture. I used accupressure throughout my first pregnancy for nausea all the time. It does work and you can do it to yourself. I still uses it to releif sinus pressure.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It's still needles (sharp pointy objects meant to go in the flesh) IMO. I know what it is. But anything poking or prodding or being inside MY body? Haha. No. I am good.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Absolutely!!! It's amazing and you'll feel better for days, I only wish I could afford it. LOL
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have heard it works, but no thank you for me. Needles in my skin? Eeks!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• lol look at that vid i put up that someone gave me its not needles its like poking certin spots on ur legs and feet
    Tarrahs2011

Comment by Tarrahs2011 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• opps lol i just watched a vid on like pushing on parts of your feet and ankles ima try that it can't hurt nothing
    Tarrahs2011

Comment by Tarrahs2011 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Never had it done and anyway I don't do well with needles...yuk
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Its not needles its pressure points
    Tarrahs2011

Comment by Tarrahs2011 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Just pressing spots on your ankles isn't going to work, there's a lot more to it than that. It's very specific spots, and on more than just your feet/ankles. It's also not going to put you into labor if your body just isn't quite ready - if you're already in labor but progressing slowly it'll help, or if your body is truly ready it'll help start but may not have a full effect. I went to my chiropractor to try accupressure to start labor - I was definitley far enough along (40 weeks, I knew exactly when I conceived so there was no doubt I was 40 weeks) and it didn't do much. Went back again a few days later and it still didn't help much - and my chiro definitely knows her stuff, anything she's done otherwise has worked. So, in a nutshell, yes I believe in it, but you're not going to do anything to yourself, and if you're not truly term, chill out for a couple more weeks then have it done professionally.
    Anonymous

• iv only got a week left i don't have a couple of weeks left
    Tarrahs2011

Comment by Tarrahs2011 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2011