Sore throat?

I have had a sore throat for several weeks. It feels like there is a lump in the back or it is bruised. It is definitely on one side and sometimes it feels dry and scratchy and makes me cough especially if I have not drunk anything in awhile. It often makes it hard to breath. Any ideas?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 2:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• If it's lasted that long I'd say see a doctor. Until that time, gargle with warm salt water and use lozenges.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Gargle with warm water and 1tsp of salt and 1 tsp of lime juice. Drink tons of fluids..like warm herbal tea. Keep your mouth clean and brush your tongue...use mouthwash. Is your nose stuffy too?? Try a decongestant as mucus could be running down the back of your throat and irritating it. If it is the kind of pain that keeps you awake and hurts so bad you can not drink or swallow...go to the Dr. It could be strep and you will need an anti-biotic. feel better.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 2:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• get to the doctor and have them check it out
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Probably not strep - unless you are running a fever and seriously feel bad... but best to go see Dr.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 7:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011