Diet and excercise, cheaply

I need to lose at the very least 20 pounds if not more. I don't have money to join a gym or WW but need motivation and accountability as well as know-how

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 2:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Have you tried SparkPeople.com? They have groups, accountability challenges, games, a diet tracker, and TONS of articles. And it's free!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You don't need a gym. You can watch free videos on youtube.com. You can walk for free. If you have stairs then walk up and down them. Do muscle strength training and use canned goods as weights. You can google exercises. (all free) Eat more fresh veggies and fruit and drink lots of water. Reduce salt, refined sugar and give up junk food including soft drinks. That should get you 20 off

Answer by admckenzie at 2:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Start walking or jogging. Go to webmd.com and you can find a 5K schedule to help you. Drink lots of water....starving yourself does not help you loose weight...you have to eat to kick in your metabolism..but eat healthier...by watching the amount of fat you are putting in your body. Imagine a gram of fat being equal to a 1/2 tsp of water. So if a label says 7 grams of fat its visually like eating 3.5 tsp of water.
    Anonymous

• eat less, move more. i used to work at a gym, you dont need all that unless you have serious problem areas you want to fix. if you are just trying to slim down, walking daily is all you need. do it with a friend to motivate one another. go to bed earlier, dont eat passed 7pm and wake up ealier while the kids are still sleeping so you can make the time. its hard at first, but your body will adjust if you get proper sleep. your not alone, good luck
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Cut out sugar, cut out fat, cut out sodium. Up your water intake, and get moving. Plain and simple. And free. No special diet, no special equipment. It's all I'm doing and it's working well for me.
    Anonymous

• I have problems with my back and I am extremely flatfooted so walking is a problem for me
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You can try Walk Away The Pounds, it's dvd's done right in your home, and even flatfooted it can be done. If you have a cable provider with On Demand channels there is a channel called Exercise on Demand, the videos are free there all the time and you'll find these WATP's videos, yoga, biggest loser, and tons of others there. If not the website has free videos including 1 mile and 2 mile WATP workouts at www.exercisetv.tv

But you can also take out workout videos at home. You can buy a cheap jump rope at the dollar store or buy 5 pound weights for less than $10!

Also look into the Air Climber, it's on QVC or online at: www.theairclimber.com The thing will fit in a closet and it's a great workout. I just burned 300 calories in 30 minutes while watching tv.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• There are a lot of free online sites you can use.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Drink more water, take fish oil & vit c, do cardio @ home..
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011