if u dnt have anything nice 2 say about my question then dnt answer it!@!!!

my daughter has a cold she has a dr appointment 2marrow at 11am. is there anything they can give her 2 make her feel better????? shes 5 months n 7 days old!

xkrystals.momx

Asked by xkrystals.momx at 9:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What are her symptoms, hun
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If she is stuffy you can put vicks vapor rub on her feet and put socks on top. Someone told me to do that with my boys and it really works. They also make baby vicks that you can put on her chest, but I would check to see if it is for 6 months and up, I don't remember.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• All cold medicines aren't safe to give her at this age, the only thing you can do is give comfort care. Keep her nasal passages clear, use a bulb syringe to suck them out. Steam from a hot shower should also help to keep her clear. Put a humidifier in her room.
    Anonymous

• they're probably going to tell you to get a humidifier and use that suction thing to keep her nose clean that's about it.
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 9:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i can't think of anything for a baby that young, go to this website and you can ask a nurse for free. good luck
    Anonymous

• You can put a humidifier in the room she sleeps in to help her breathing passages. Most cold medicines don't work on small children anyway, but you could try so Tylenol if she seems cranky or achey. Also you can increase fluids, just like you would do if you were sick. If you're nursing, try to nurse as much as possible.
    Good Luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• continued
    sorry forgot to add the website

http://www.msha.com/body.cfm?id=26
    Anonymous

• I would put the Vicks on her feet- not her chest- if she is stuffy.
    It really depends on if she has a viral infection or bacterial infection to know IF they will give her anything. Usually a viral infection they let it run its course. Bacterial infection then they will or should give antibiotics.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• give her saline nose drops and suck the boogies out with the buger sucker thing lol... also get a humidifier running to help her breathe better, aslo try and elevate the head of her crib so she is sleeping upright and able to breathe. if she is in pain you can give her the infant tylenol drops, how much you give depends on how much she weighs, you can call ask a nurse, or your local pharmacist and they should be able to tell you exact doses. hope that helps!
    JenRose09

Answer by JenRose09 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• infant tylenol drops
    hope she feels better soon:)
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 9:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008