How do I get my 2 yr old to use the potty??

My daugther is 2 yrs and 3 mths old. We started to potty train my daughter. She is no longer on diapers. She is exclusively on pull ups. Does anyone have any basic suggestions to make this as easy as possible ?

lovebeinghome10

Asked by lovebeinghome10 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let her watch you. Kids learn by imitation

Answer by admckenzie at 2:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Well its not easy but what i did was sit my son on the potty in front of the tv and make him sit there until he pee pee he use to get sleepy but you have to do it.
    I would also tell him if he wants a treat then use the potty and before I knew it he was going alone. But he use to cry at first.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My kids weren't emotionally ready to be potty trained until they were 3. My daughter ended up having a spastic bladder and wasn't potty trained until she was in 2nd grade for day time and 6 grade for night time. My son potty trained at 3 in less than a month. It's the one thing they hold over parents. If they're not ready they just won't do it and you as the parent can't pee for them.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 3:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My 15 and 5 year old were trained by bribing... eldest was M&Ms, and my 5 year old it was Starburst candies! My 3 year old was the hardest, because he was holdig onto being "the baby" with all his might!!! It took his love of playing videogames??? Only big boys play them and if he wanted to play... took a day here and there of him loosing them to catch on mommy was serious... BUT I WON

~*Giggles*~... each child is different... so as long as they already understand pee/poop and it comes from them, than the rest is easy
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I:0) Positive reinforcement it KEY mainly bc you don't want them feeling bad if they have an accident. Haha and of course bribery

skyisbluenow

Answer by skyisbluenow at 5:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011