What do you think... Braxton Hicks or contractions?

Ok, I am 34 weeks tomorrow, and my Dr. told me that I am at risk for preterm delivery. I was 90% effaced and not dialated a week ago. She told me to go to the hospital if I start feeling any contractions.

About every 20-35 minutes my belly gets super rock hard(for about a minute) and I feel pinches(about 10 seconds long each) in my abdomen and my right side on my back. The pain of the pinches is not getting worse. And I feel my daughter moving consistently, but the movement is in places I havent felt before. The kicks/movement that I am feeling seems like its inside my vagina right at my pelvic bone.

So what do you think is that Braxton Hicks or contractions??

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 2:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• could be contractions. but they need to happening closer together. like ever 5 minutes instead of 20 to 30
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My Dr told me that if Im having contractions at 34 weeks, not to wait until 5 minutes apart. She said 34 is too early to go into labor and if they start, go to the hospital to see if they can try to stop labor. Have you heard of this?
    leksismommy

Comment by leksismommy (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• how long have they been going on?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• For about 4-5 hours not, this last one I had was 8 minutes since the last one
    leksismommy

Comment by leksismommy (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• when i was pregnant i thought i was having BH but i was really in labor i was onlt 31wks. they stop my labor, when i was pregnant with dd i was at a even higher risk for pre term labor. i think i went to the hospital like three times with her. If it would ease your mind go ahead and go to the hospital and tell them you are at risk for pre term labor they should understand better safe then sorry. good luck
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i know when i was going into labor it felt as though dd was rubbing a full head of hair on my cervix.
    i would def get into the hospital. at 34 weeks you dont want to take a chance.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Let us know what happens. I have been having the exact same symptoms and I'm just over 34 weeks as well. I hadn't been worried because there's still no pattern to them. Good luck mama, prayers coming your way.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2011