Introducing bdsm? adult content

my husband is very dominant and i'm very submissive...in all aspects of our life. well, i'm very interested in taking it to the next step, but i don't know how to approach dh about it. we've "joked" about it before, and i've read posts to him about women who are in that type of relationship, but i don't know how to tell him thats what i want. i think he would be happier in that kind relationship, as would i.

tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• i think you should also discuss things like safety and safe words. My hubby and I joked about it too.
    As I am submissive until I learn, then my confidence rises with knowledge, so I am what my friend referred to as a switch.
    I like to think dominate or submissive doesn't really apply to me.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• just tell him.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• its kind of hard to just tell him...i've never been open about sex, with him or even any of my friends...i guess i'm asking for a way to bring it up where i'll be comfortable with it...
    i'm a lot more open when i'm drunk, but he doesn't take my requests seriously...he thinks its just b/c i'm drunk...which is maybe once a year at best.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• show him in the bedroom. take a night and get a bit tipsy, and then just do it. im sure he would love it!
    sphillips6

Answer by sphillips6 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• There are a bunch of books.  You could buy one or two, then sit down and go through them together and talk about it. Sometimes having a 'prop' will help facilitate the discussion:

http://www.amazon.com/Great-BDSM-Books/lm/3GWYY4C9N3M8M

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 3:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've been into BDSM my entire adult life, since age 18. I've always been domme, but if you're really interested in trying it with your husband start with a little role play. Suggest that you've been a bad girl and need to be disciplined, if he goes along with it then push a little further. Ultimately, you do need to be open with him as there should be a full and mutual understanding about the limitations of the BDSM. Hope I helped and have fun!
    TipToe19

Answer by TipToe19 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Write a letter maybe?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• omg am i lame? what is bdsm!!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yeah what is that i dont know what that is either
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Join some of the sites first. there are many out there, interesting too. You need to be emotionally ready as well as mental, A vanilla world is a lot different than a leather or a BDSM world.
    2aremine

Answer by 2aremine at 8:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011