We are car hunting for suv with 3rd row seating, if you have one tell me what you like dont like about it

we are car shopping we need something with 3rd row of seating. i figure the best place to learn about them as far as for parents needs was from other parents. we have 2 kids the oldest is 3 the younger 13 months, the carseats are somewhat wide on the top so after we turn our youngest to face forward they may not fit side by side so that he can be in the middle anymore. we are hoping to find something where he can still be in the middle. also my mother is usually with us and the car seats taking up so much room is why we ned the 3rd row. we have both a small umbrella stroller and a large 2 seater stroller. that would be in the back so we want some "trunk" space.

so anyways if you have a third row seating suv tell me what you like about it and what you don't like about it. does it ride smooth from any seat, is it quiet, is it roomy... things like that. been in a wreck in one tell us how well it protected you. things like that.

thanks we appreciate it.

volsmomma22

Asked by volsmomma22 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• We have a Honda Pilot Tour. We love all the room it has grandkids in the middleseat, grown kids in the very back. The best part is the middle and back seat lay down all the way or half each so it has a ton of cargo room if needed. We've had it about 4 months now. I was shocked when my husband started driving it full time. Even more shocked when he sold his sporty race car.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• umm well the 3rd row seating in our vehicle isnt alway in there. we seem to always need to take it out for more "trunk" space for groceries and such, you can fold the seat down but it doesnt give out as much space as it does when its still in there. If your willing to take the seat in and out occasionally or for us, its a lot, then fine. We deal with it though.

When you get into the 3rd seat, you might have to undo one seat that flips up in order for your kids to get in the 3rd row, my sister has a hard time gettting in the back as she is a heavy type. you say you have a mother to take with you, well she may not want to get into the back as it depends how old she is and how good her footing is so she doesnt slip easily, the kids might have to travel in the 3rd seating as your mother in the 2nd.

i do love that i can travel with a bunch of people without having "no room" for anyone
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You'll need something like a suburban. A full size suv. I have a jeep commander. Won't fit our our double stroller in the back. And in all reality, a mini van would probably be better for you. Rather than climbing in the back to buckle the kids up, and then setting the set back up, to put the other kids in the middle seat....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*GL*~... had to give up my SUV, because they are NOT designed the way I needed?!?! We have 2 adults, 2 carseats, and a teenager... and short of him climbing over seats all the time, I wanted something where the middle seats were designed properly and he could go between or around without climbing and scuffing things up???

Swivel and Go mini van... Town and Country is what we chose... all seats are electronic, middle and front are heated, sun and moon roof, leather seats on all, back up sensors and camera... dual TV and can be seperate from each other with satelite TV or DVD option... and list goes on!!! I have option most wished they had
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Have you thought about a mini van? theyre better on gas and have lots of room. I wanted an SUV too but we got the 2010 Kia Sedona, I really love it, I myself was never a fan of vans but i love the one I have
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Honestly? I would get a van instead of an SUV. A couple of the simple things that are made easier by a van is putting your kids in. You've got more room to move around and alot of the one made in the last decade have removable seats so that if your carrying something that wont normally fit you just hit a couple of switches or levers and there you go. They are sooooo much more versatile! We had a 97 pontiac transport and I threw a FIT when my DH decided he wanted a newer car and sold that one.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I personally like the buick enclave it has 3rd row seating, we just checked it out at our 2011 car show it has pretty good room in the back even with the seat down. But if u really want tons of room u will need a mini van.
    blackpanther75

Answer by blackpanther75 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011