Should i give my 1 month old a bottle now

im breastfeeding payton but my 14 year old jason said you started to give me a bottle 3weeks after you started to breastfeed me should i start payton now

rave88

Asked by rave88 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did. It alowed my baby to be more flexible when I had to send him to day care and if I needed someone to watch him. the other plus is that he was less demanding during the day. I just pumped and fed at least 1 bottle a day. Plus it gave the baby dad feeding time.

Personally it is up to you.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My daughter is four weeks now, and we had to give her a bottle/formula for weight reasons at 1 week... I didn't mind as long as I am mainly BF'ing... my son was the same way... they eat everything I have to give, and then a few oz a day of formula out of a bottle, or what I pump... my kids just like to eat!
    Stephie999

Answer by Stephie999 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Do you want to start him on a bottle now? It's really up to you, not your 14 year old son.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It's up to you.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If the only reason is your 14 y.o. is jealous, then no.
    BFab11

Answer by BFab11 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• No please give your baby the best start at life that you can you can breast feed and still include your 14y/o in mommy and me time do stuff together the 3 of you that focus on the 14 y/o
    and apologize for giving up on him too soon you lived and learned
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't. I would keep breastfeeding and tell him I wasn't as educated as I am now. I would hope that by seeing his mom breastfeeding that he will be supportive of his future wife if she wants to breastfeed. JMO.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• its up to you!!! dont let people guilt trip you into doing something that will be easier and less stressful on you and your baby. when my son was a newborn, i was doing the breastfeeding thing, but no matter what i tried i never produced enough milk for him so we had to switch to formula. it was extreamly stressful on me and ds cause he was hungry and dh didnt understand. now he's an extreamly bright 3 year old
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2011