What is the sickest you've ever been

and what were you sick with?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 4:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• about a year ago I had such a severe sinus infection that I was dry heaving and too weak to get out of bed. I've had a couple of really bad stomach flus and cold but thankfully that's all.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Probably the flu several years ago. I can't remember ever being too sick to do anything for more than a day or two and I've never been hospitilized for any illness.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for answering my question.
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Both my husband and I had the *FLU*. alot of people say they have had the *FLU* but really they don't. My husband was sick about a week before me, started with him laying on couch with NO energy, then the next week I got it..started the same for me. after about 1 wk of lack of energy I know something was up, then came fever, shits, vomiting, achy body.. (same thing he was experiencing a few day before me). Both of us couldn't even walk to our bathroom without losing our breath. We were like this for about 1 week, him alittle longer. I went to doctor as did he (same day) both tested pos. for the *FLU* and he has pheomiona,and sinus infection, me ear and sinus infections too. He got better before I did, but like I said he was a week ahead of me. It took a good month to get back to normal. So now when I hear people say they have the *FLU* when it is a cold, I giggle cause just wait and see. what the *FLU* really is.. ((COUNTINED)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Years ago I was sick with the flu. Absolutely awful.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Now*~.. started out a couple weeks ago with just the nose, than my throat hurt just in the morning from lack of being able to breath, with fever off and on... started to clear up for a few days (after a week)... than slammed me with nose, head, fever, and chest... now a week later it is a dry tickling cough with chest that doesn't seem to cough anything up or clear up
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We had to deal with three children at this time too. One child being only 1 yr old. They had to be tested too. My son tested pos. for the swine flu. This was in Nov. 2009 (right around the swine outbreak) it was scary! I hope my family never has to go though that again and don't wish it on anyone.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My Son and I got H1N1 in April 2009..THAT was the sickest He and I had ever been, and also the first time He'd gotten anything but a minor cold. We Both got over it without even going to the doctor or getting worse.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• When I was 21, I had gallbladder attacks then, had it remove. I,m 53 now and back then they did the BIG incision about a ft. long, no more bikinis. But, that was worse than having both of my DD's.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 5:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I got a violent stomach bug a year or so ago, and I had an anatomy lab exam that same morning. I HAD to take the exam, no question. I ended up rolling around the cadaver lab in an office chair, trying not to vomit from the fumes and trying not to pass out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011