Who most influenced your political philosophy?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 4:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I just do the opposite of some of the "names we wont mention here" moms who are very opinionated, right is the only right attitude! lol- jk- I read, talk w/ both parents who have very differing views & find some where in the middle. I have a lot more research to do now so I can help give my newly voting sons the best picture of the candidates they are voting for.
    Anonymous

• My Mom and Grandparents...especially my maternal Mamo. Ya'll may find it interesting that she was a party line Democrat..the old Southern Democrat. She is 92 and voted Republican for the first time in 2008. She is very disappointed with the Democratic Party of today.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• What is your grandma's biggest disappointment with the Democrats yourspecialkid?
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• LIFE has influenced and shaped my political philosophy!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My family have always been democrats and so, is DH but, I'm kinda middle of the road. Bc, I'm against abortion but, like some of the democratic views also.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 5:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Ya'll may find it interesting that she was a party line Democrat..the old Southern Democrat. She is 92 and voted Republican for the first time in 2008. She is very disappointed with the Democratic Party of today.

My mom is the same way and 92 as well.

I would have to say just studying history has been my biggest influence.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Me. My Dad's hardcore conservative, my mother makes the liberals on here LOOK conservative, my college was liberal, my high school was intensely Baptist and headed into the extreme right wing-think Westboro sans protests.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I gravitate to the philosophy that best fits the values of my faith.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• OP, in the last few decades there has been a shift in the foundation of the party. Once upon a time they really represented the middle class. There is been a subtle but now very obvious move to the left. Today's Democrats are much different than the Democrats of the past...just look at the Democrats of the past...I don't just mean 10 or 15 years...look back 30, 50, 75 years.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Like LoriKeet life has molded my political philosophy. In my younger days I was liberal and as I've grown older I've become more and more conservative.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2011