Ok how bad would it be to lie and say I passed my test to buy time @ my job. Its a state test.

I am the separated mom who still lives with a verbally abusive spouse. I want out I have bought time with my work for the last few months. I am not great at math and I failed that portion it would take another month to get the test taken. However, if my special ed credential comes through I would have a year to give it. If Ichanged the unofficial results in an email would that get me in serious trouble. I am also trying to move on with my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes. Don't do it. I would assume that they mail a hard copy or even email your employer also. Not only would that get you fired but it could also cause some legal issues.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• if it is a state test and you lie or change it youo can get in to serious trouble id just wait and take it again or look for another job
    Anonymous

• Crap... ola... but ok
    Anonymous

• yes you should resign from your job before they find out. they might still find out and then they might be obligated to tell. this is why you don't mess with the state. although i don't know what kind of charge it is it;s going to have probably a hefty fine and jail time. that's no way to get ahead. retake the test and don't lie again and quit your job. ok i'm suggesting you do that but don't do it on my account. the way i see it they won't keep you cause they would be lying to the state themselves. to much liability for them. either way your out of a job.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Honesty is always the best policy. It is great you are moving on with your life, just make sure it is forward/ not backward. Noone said it would be easy, but you need to do the right thing for everyone involved; eventually it will pay off in the end, somehow! Good Luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• No I havent lied to work yet ... I was thinking about doing it but I am not... ok thanks everyone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2008