Will my chicken filets go bad if i dont cook them tonight?

i took them out of the freezer yesterday to be cooked last night and at the last minute DH sprung the fact that we had other dinner plans already without my knowledge! so i put it in the fridge and planned to cook it tonight. but wouldnt you know... MIL decided to have a last minute "family dinner". UGH! the spontaneaouty of this family sometimes... LOL! anyway, will it be good in the fridge for one more night (and tomorrow i will cook it no matter what!) or should i just quickly cook it and put it in the fridge for future meals?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Don't refreeze.
    Saute them in olive oil and garlic and use tomorrow.
    I would slice them in thin strips so they won't be dried out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• They'll probably be safe for 1 more day. My rule for thawed out chicken in the fridge is 2 days.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• They should be fine
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Don't refreeze.

Cook tomorrow or you can cook now if you have the time and then put in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• 2-3 days after defrosting fully is fine, anymore I wouldnt try it.
    PyraLynne

Answer by PyraLynne at 8:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ROFL you don't want food poisoning? What's wrong with you!!??

LOL Sorry your reply cracked me up - probably a sign that I should take something and go to bed already - lol

I've had this debate with myself before and while they'd probably be ok for another day - I usually go ahead and do a simple prep on them and cook them and chop them up and make something with it tomorrow - like grilled chicken salad, chicken enchiladas, or chicken pot pie or any number of things :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• just freeze them and then take them out the morning you plan to cook them. I'm sure they'll be fine.

i thought you couldnt re-freeze raw chicken? it was already in the freezer for a few days and it was thawed yesterday afternoon then placed into the fridge.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't wait another day unless you want food poisoning

wow, that was intelligent. as a matter of fact i would love food poisoning. dont we all want food poisoning?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• they should be fine until tomorrow
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011