Weight gain

Just to start off with Im overweight I started this pregnancy at 286lbs. Im currently 291lbs and Im 20weeks pregnant. So Ive only gained 5lbs which im sure is fine I think lol but people that I dont see on a regular basis have mentioned that I look like Ive lost weight. Im not sure if I should worry about this. I only gained a pound since my last ob appointment the doc didnt seem to concerned or at least didnt say anything to me about it. Should I be concerned?? Just wondering.

michellesgirls2

Asked by michellesgirls2 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I only gained 14 lbs and had a happy healthy 7lb 9 oz baby
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• if you start a pregnancy overweight there is no medical need to gain any weight. in fact weight loss is recommended for women who are overweight and pregnant because it's not healthy for the woman or the baby
    Anonymous

• If u live in my area or anybody in here live in las vegas so we could exersice togther
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Its perfectly healthy to lose weight while pregnant.
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Don't be concerned at all! During the first 20-25 weeks baby is so small it can actually survive on your body's fat storage alone. People may say you look like your losing weight because technically you're losing fat. The weight has been replaced with extra blood, uterine growth, amniotic fluid, etc. All that matters now, is that you focus on eating right and getting the nutrition that you and baby need daily.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• thanks to the pp all of yalls advice has been taken and will be of help!! Im doing the best I can to not gain much weight but I also know Im going to at some point but Ive been eating better than I normally do just for the baby!!
    michellesgirls2

Comment by michellesgirls2 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2011