If your husband was gone for the better part of the day on his only day off, would you be a little mad? adult content

he went to MIL's around 1 so him & his uncle could do some manly work around her house. i was just informed around 4 that i need to be over there with our 3 kids at 6 for dinner. but "i can come and hang out a little earlier if i want to" says his mom & him. well thanks but no thanks! i will probably leave at 6 just because i am a little irritated. LOL. not really but thats what i feel like doing. this is his only day off, and i know he is done with his manly work. IMO he should have come home when he was done HOURS ago and we couldve went back over there together. OR, at 4 when he called he could have asked me to come then, not "a little before dinner". yes i know, i am being a big baby/bitch but i havent smoked a cigarette in a week, im jonesing really bad, im on my period, and the one day i have help with the kids from my husband, he is gone most of the fucking day! i just feel its rude, because, when my mom & dad invite us over even when he needed help moving furniture, we were ALL invited, not just us or just him. i am capable of keeping my kids out of the way if thats what the issue was. IDK, this is my in-laws and i should be used to how little contact they want with me & the kids. but the fact that hubby is not here with us today, really pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!

*vent over*

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I understand where you are coming from. Im in somewhat of the same situation today. Although we dont have kids, sunday is our day where we both just hang out together and spend the day together, and he has been gone ALL day. He left at 12 to shoot in yet another pool match, and was supposed to come home after, and he didnt. He has been at his dads since he got done with that. So in both of out situations, i feel that we have every right to be upset, and yes, you should have been invited, not just for dinner. I would tell him how i feel about it
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Um, really I would tell him thanks but not thanks and not go for dinner - but I'm not a huge fan of my MIL. I would rather hubby spend his day there without me than have to go with him.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I stopped going to my ex MILs a long time ago. My ex is a mommys little bitch so he was ALWAYS over there (ha 37 and still lives with her) You have every right to be pissed and if it was me I wouldnt go and wouldnt talk to him till tomorrow. if he was lucky.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think you have a really good hubby to help his mother after working that much, honestly I kind of like it when my husband goes off , or to do something, I can watch what I want on TV.. Now he should try to spend a bit more time with his kiddos, but sounds like he is doing the best that he can, have you tried Chantrax? I think that is how you spell it, I understand it is hard to feel like a single parent, but it is also probably hard to be the only person responsible for bringing in money,, Hugs to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i hate that ,im with you the family should go toegther. if i lived closer to my MIL i would let my DH go with out me though. I always feel uncomfortable being alone with my MIL.

proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• All I did was read the question and I can tell you right now I would be pissed
    mommy161617

Answer by mommy161617 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• While it is nice that he did go and help around his mom's house, it is too bad that he could not have included you and/or the kids and had you go over when he did, or maybe him take the kids (depending on age) so they could have some time with grandma, and maybe you could have some time for yourself. I can see why you are upset, and if it were me I would be upset too. As for supper, they could have worded it better and said something like "come on over at 4 so we can visit while supper is cooking. We plan on sitting down around 6". I can tell you that if mine said "eat at 6 come over if you want to hang out' I would arrive at 6 or 6:15 and not in a very good mood!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I am sorry to hear this but I myself would be very upset. I would let him know how I feel and try to take it from there.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 6:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yes i would be very upset i would tell him how i feel im sorry your hubby is doing this to you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• btw, he works 50 hours a week and gets home at 7:30 pm, usually one of the kids are already in bed and the other two go down at 8. so he gets very little time with his children!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2011