Does your toddler love to clean?

omg! my 2 year old so loves to clean. i noticed it when we were at a friend's house, she went and got the little girls toy vacuum and that was the ONLY thing she played with. so i got her one for Christmas (well Santa did) and she plays with it everyday pretty much. she literally just walked through the entire house "vacuuming" with it, then came to a halt at the coffee table and said "all done" LOL. she is doing a twice over though, i hear the vacuum going in another room. she also came up to me one day when i was folding laundry, and took it upon herself to hand me each item of clothing individually so i could fold it. now she does this everytime i fold laundry! its so cute and i love the little bit of help i get with that! my 4 year old loves to do the dishes, but i dont give her any knives and she pretty much builds forts out of the cups/plates or makes soup.

how about your LO's?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hahahah... my daughter loves to clean too! While she takes a bath, she will grab the washcloth and starting washing the walls of the tub! She ALWAYS helps me with the laundry too.....she's not bad at folding hand towels either! She has one of those things that is almost like a vacuum (the balls pop up when she rolls it...every kid has one I think). Anyway, every time I vacuum she has to grab it and help me.........it's so sweet! And it's great for them to learn how important cleaning is as such a young age. If you clean every day...it's just a little cleaning...it you wait 2 weeks...well, it's not so easy and certainly not done as quickly. Good for you and your daughter! My daughter's birthday is coming up in July and we are buying her a kid's vacuum. It actually works like a regular vacuum. It will be her job to vacuum her room (with my supervision of course) and she can help me then any time she wants.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Must be a girl thing, because I have to FIGHT my boys to help me do stuff, LOL! My five year old does like to put the wet clothes into the dryer tho, sometimes. :)
    PadmeJonez

Answer by PadmeJonez at 5:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My son always tells me he is cleaning his toys. I think because he sees me clean 24\7.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... My three year old loves to clean, he's the baby of the family, and he is very clear everythig must be in its place!!! i laugh sometimes when he yells at our 5 year old to put his shoes where they go... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• my 2 yr old son loves to clean. he will grab the broom and dust pan, although hes really just spreading the mess, he loves to sweep the floor lol. his 5 and 8 yr old sister I cant get them to clean for anything. He will go and pick up their mess. my oldest will leave her paper plate on the table and he will go grab it, growl and throw it away lmbo!
    ambemmons

Answer by ambemmons at 6:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think most kids go through that stage when they are toddlers. It usually doesn't last, lol. My kids actually had chores at that age that they had to help with and by 3 or 4 they were expected to do them on their own (cleaning their rooms, emptying the dishwasher, etc).
    I'm happy to say my 8yo has retained her helpful streak. She's always in the kitchen wiping down counters and sweeping. I don't ask her to do it half the time. She just likes to be helpful. I don't know what I would have done without her when I was pregnant this last time. I had no energy to clean up half the time and she picked up the slack happily. She even helps with the baby. She changes diapers, dresses him, plays with him, etc. She loves to be the "little mommy".
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011